Amateur Mobile Forces Site

Click he

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > God hates me! D:

Nessuno

Why does everything happen to me? I'll explain everything, I put some  static meshes , I try to start the map and mobile forces closes, can you explain to me why? Because I had come up with a new map, if you answer I'll give you a cookie :P

August 25, 2013 at 9:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gregaras
Site Owner

Hi, and thanks for registering to my deadly forum. ;)

So, what static meshes you're using? Do you make your ones, or copy them from MF maps? How do you copy 'em? Provide me with some more information about SM's, so I'll know where is the problem. ;)

What kind of cookie you're talking about? :D

August 28, 2013 at 4:33 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nessuno

Before the most important thing, the cookies are with choccolate :lol:, ok let's back with the serious matter, i ''steal'' the static mesh from the original Mo-Fo steal means that i open the map from the static mesh browser ,i dont want to create mine, i'm too lazy to create it  :P, if you can help me I'll be able to let you download my new map. yeeeeeeeeewh

August 29, 2013 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Nessuno

Ah gregaras, i found some problems with the bots. These bots traitors do not do as i say, i say ''take the gold'' and they don't move xD, or when the bots take the trailer, they get out from the trailer... and i always yell: WUT?!?!... sorry for the double post greg :p i can give you lots of cookies you know? 

August 29, 2013 at 2:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Gregaras
Site Owner

Never open a map using Static Mesh Browser to get it's SM's. I can't explain technically why it happens, but MF maps read static meshes from package 'MyLevel'. Just open the map directly in the editor (Click on open folder with an arrow over it, or just 'File', 'Open') and choose the map which you want to use static meshes from. Once you get there, just open your map, go to Static Mesh Browser and there's a package called 'MyLevel'. Now you can take SM's from here without harming everything and If you create some, always import them to this package.

Bots won't move out of their position If they don't have path network. If you know you have put gold or trailer in your map, you'll probably have seen Actor Browser. You'll need two actors in your map. They're PathNode (Just expand those - Actor.NavigationPoint) - drop this actor lined, one after another to make the path reach enemy base, trailer and other important things; and RoadPoint (Actor.NavigationPoint.PathNode) - the same as PathNode, but appointed more on vehicles (bots might use this on foot aswell, if there isn't any possible path. If there's steep turns in your map, you might want to edit speeds in some places - just right click on roadpoint actor (in 3D viewport or 2D viewports) and click RoadPoint Properties to access its default properties. Expand 'RoadPoint' and edit value 'MaxSpeed'.

A pic of the cookie would be ok, If you really want to give some. ;)

August 30, 2013 at 3:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Nessuno

Thanks greg, i love you <3, anyway i resolve the problem with traitors bots, i put the safe on a static mesh,so  i tried to put it on the floor, and everything works, now i can upload my map, it's not a great map, is just a taste of what I can do :D

August 31, 2013 at 10:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.